This Site www.kimtech.eu, owned, operated and maintained by KIMBERLY-CLARK CORPORATION with its registered offices at World Headquarters, P.O. Box 619100, Dallas, Texas 75261–9100, explains how we, and all of our global affiliates ("Kimberly-Clark", "us", "we"), collect Personal Data, how we may use it, what rights you may have in relation to your Personal Data and how can you contact us
Personal Data is information about a living person that affects that person’s privacy and identifies them, whether by itself or together with other information that we possess or of which we are likely to come into possession.
Please note this Site may contain links to other third party websites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of the information we collect. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website you visit.
1. How We Collect Your Personal Data
We obtain Personal Data about you in both online and offline contexts. We collect Personal Data when you:
- visit our website;
- meet with our sales team;
- contact our customer service centres, attend our events or exhibitions or request information from us in any other way;
- visit our owned stores;
- sign up to our reward programmes;
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies; We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as from your use of other websites which we operate and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
2. What Personal Data We Collect
We may process the following Personal Data about you for the purposes listed in paragraph 3 below: - your full name; - your contact details (for example your telephone number, email address, home or business address and job title); - your Internet Protocol (IP) address; - your date of birth; - publicly available information such as user-generated content, social media postings, social media user name or ID, or social media profile picture; - transaction history (i.e. your order / sample request history); and - Device ID (Desktop, Tablet or Mobile) We may also match Personal Data that you provide to us directly with other information about you obtained from third party sources (such as social media networks and data brokers). This may include demographic data, your social media interactions, preferences, shopping habits, interests, geographic location and age or age range. We may use this Personal Data to tailor and show advertisements more relevant to you, to provide you with personalised marketing communications and to help us better understand our customer base and effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
3. The Purposes for which We Process Your Personal Data
We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, products and services ordered by you;
- to provide customer support;
- to tailor and show advertisements more relevant to you;
- to provide you with personalised marketing communications;
- to notify you of any changes to your services and to provide you with information in relation to similar goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness or our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- to administer our Sites and help improve our products and services;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
Data protection law requires us to have a legal ground before processing any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the above purposes will typically be because:
- you have provided your consent;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to decide whether to enter into a contract with you;
- the processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation; and/or
- the processing is in our legitimate interest as a leading personal care corporation.
4. Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Partner Companies; We may ask your permission to share your information with carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may interest you and only to companies we trust and that pass our internal checks, in order to keep your information secure. You may “opt out” of partner offers and programs at any time by contacting us or completing the online form. Our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for purposes other than presenting relevant offers and programs, and they are required to maintain your contact information in confidence.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers; We may share information with companies or individuals, if necessary, that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyse the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to enquiries.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process; We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity (including, notably, when we receive a fair, reasonable and legal request from a law enforcement or regulatory body). In addition, we may release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kimberly-Clark, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law; We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights and/or to protect the property or safety of our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction), to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials; We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Business Transaction; In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undertake a business or asset acquisition or prospective acquisition process, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transaction.
- Interest-Based Advertising; Kimberly-Clark participates in interest-based (online behaviour) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Kimberly-Clark products on other websites based on your browsing behaviour across websites. Kimberly-Clark voluntarily participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulation program. As part of this self-regulation program, Kimberly-Clark supports deployment of the Advertising Option icon (“Ad Choices”) in partnership with Evidon. For information on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please see our ‘Cookie Notice’ at paragraph 11 below.
- Other Third Parties; We may share non-Personal Data with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-Personal Data of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
5. Managing Your Privacy Through Your User Profile
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding how we collect, use and share your Personal Data. By changing your User Profile or contacting us as described within this Privacy Notice, you may do the following:
- you may correct, update and delete your registration account;
- you may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- you may choose whether to receive offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- you may choose whether we share your contact information with partners so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services; and
- you may choose whether to receive interest-based advertising.
Kimberly-Clark is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children without parental consent when consent is required by the local applicable laws (the age at which consent is necessary varies from country to country).
7. Transfer of Personal Data
8. Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
9. Your Rights
Data protection law gives rights to individuals in respect of Personal Data that organisations hold about them. You may:
- request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you;
- request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data; and
- if you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information set out in paragraph 10 below. Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be assessed by Kimberly-Clark on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
10. Questions and Complaints
12. Cookie Notice
Like many companies, Kimberly-Clark uses “cookie” technology on our Site. Cookies are information stored on your computer by your browser while you are visiting a particular site. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you visited us before or are a new visitor, and it enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Site. We do use the cookie to help us identify Site features in which you have the greatest interest so that we can provide more of what you may want. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual cookies or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if you do not enable cookies to be received by your web browser, you may have trouble accessing some of the pages and certain features on this Site.
Please note that some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not respond to these requests or modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
We also use web beacons on our website to collect certain data. A web beacon is an electronic file on a website page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our Site. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email. As you enter our Sites, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device, plus your log-in information, browser type and version, operating system and platform and any plug-ins you are using. You may also choose to download mobile applications offered by Kimberly-Clark. If you use our mobile applications, the mobile application may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID) and information about the way you use the applications. The mobile application may also collect certain information you voluntarily provide, such as product information when you scan a bar code, and transactional information, such as when you make a purchase or respond to an offer. Our mobile applications may collect precise information about the location of your device, such as when you search for a store. However, you must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. Mobile service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a unique device identifier, when you use our Site or one of our mobile applications.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Third Party Cookies
Sites hosted on kimtech.eu make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from Youtube and Vimeo. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.